Renamed my Friday column from TGIF to TGITF (thank god it’s tech Friday) to give a better clue about the content.
New Universal Apps of the week
- Microsoft BI – now works on both PC and mobile
- Dynamic Theme – if you want to control more of the look and feel of Windows 10
- Win Screens – does the same as Dynamic Theme
- Flipagram – is the easiest way to create and share amazing musical video stories
- Sort My Stuff – create a visual inventory of your stuff (they should concentrate a bit more to the design of the app)
- Fused – double exposure made easy…FUSED is the very first app that allows you to blend videos, photos, or a combination of both
- Yummly – recipe recommendations for you
- Fitbit – you have a Fitbit? This is the updated Windows 10 app
- Power Planner – a great planner for students
- Cast – the best tool for managing your audio podcasts
- Daily Mail – now works on PC and mobile
- Monitae – manage and communicate all goals with your team wherever you are
Lenovo to phase out the Motorola brand
Android 6.0 Marshmallow is on just 0.7% of devices
After it was released 3 months ago. This is the biggest problem with Android, that it is so fractured with different versions. Android version 4.4 KitKat is still the most common version with 36.6% share and almost 27% is still running older JellyBean. See the statistics yourself.
iPhone sales decline by 30%?
iPhones (6S and 6S Plus) are not selling as they used to. That’s not a big surprise. At one point Apple has to face harder times and it looks they are coming now. Truthfully the iPhones have not changed that much and the innovation is a bit lost. But Apple is still strong, maybe iPhone 7 brings something new in design and features, so it is then worthwhile to upgrade from older phones. Read more here and here.
IE 8, 9 and 10 ends support 12th of January
Microsoft is ending support for Internet Explorer 8, 9, and 10 next week on January 12th, releasing a final patch encouraging users to upgrade to one of the company’s more recent browsers. Read more.
On Windows 10, Edge is the browser of choice 🙂
Well for the hardcore Star Wars fan this is nothing funny but exciting. Now you can pre-order your own Stormtrooper helmet as it is in the The Force Awakens movie. It is in 1:1 scale and a fully wearable helmet.
How cool is that? Price is at affordable $249.95 plus shipping of course. Order your own helmet directly from here.