Renamed my Friday column from TGIF to TGITF (thank god it’s tech Friday) to give a better clue about the content.
New Universal Apps of the week
- Microsoft BI – now works on both PC and mobile
- Dynamic Theme – if you want to control more of the look and feel of Windows 10
- Win Screens – does the same as Dynamic Theme
- Flipagram – is the easiest way to create and share amazing musical video stories
- Sort My Stuff – create a visual inventory of your stuff (they should concentrate a bit more to the design of the app)
- Fused – double exposure made easy…FUSED is the very first app that allows you to blend videos, photos, or a combination of both
- Yummly – recipe recommendations for you
- Fitbit – you have a Fitbit? This is the updated Windows 10 app
- Power Planner – a great planner for students
- Cast – the best tool for managing your audio podcasts
- Daily Mail – now works on PC and mobile
- Monitae – manage and communicate all goals with your team wherever you are
Lenovo to phase out the Motorola brand
Motorola Mobility continues to exist as a Lenovo company but the product brands in smartphones and wearables will from now on be Moto and Vibe globally. Read more here and here.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow is on just 0.7% of devices
After it was released 3 months ago. This is the biggest problem with Android, that it is so fractured with different versions. Android version 4.4 KitKat is still the most common version with 36.6% share and almost 27% is still running older JellyBean. See the statistics yourself.
iPhone sales decline by 30%?
iPhones (6S and 6S Plus) are not selling as they used to. That’s not a big surprise. At one point Apple has to face harder times and it looks they are coming now. Truthfully the iPhones have not changed that much and the innovation is a bit lost. But Apple is still strong, maybe iPhone 7 brings something new in design and features, so it is then worthwhile to upgrade from older phones. Read more here and here.
IE 8, 9 and 10 ends support 12th of January
Microsoft is ending support for Internet Explorer 8, 9, and 10 next week on January 12th, releasing a final patch encouraging users to upgrade to one of the company’s more recent browsers. Read more.
On Windows 10, Edge is the browser of choice 🙂
Well for the hardcore Star Wars fan this is nothing funny but exciting. Now you can pre-order your own Stormtrooper helmet as it is in the The Force Awakens movie. It is in 1:1 scale and a fully wearable helmet.
How cool is that? Price is at affordable $249.95 plus shipping of course. Order your own helmet directly from here.