Sun is shining and we are getting closer to summer, my favorite time of year. Thank god it’s tech friday again and we can look what has happened in the Windows 10 universal app world. And if you didn’t know, Windows 10 is now running in 270 million devices and still growing.
During summer Windows 10 will get an update called Windows 10 Anniversay Update with lot’s more features and enhancements of which Windows Insiders are seeing already some of them in the new build 14316, which was published this week.
Universal apps of the week
- Photo Shader – easy, fast and simple way to make your photos beautiful
- Reddify for Reddit – use reddit.com with a clean and beautiful interface
- 8 Zip Lite – compress/uncompress your files with this app
- 7z ZIP RAR (4,99 €) – does the same as the above app
- uSearch – searching the web made easy
- 7blog – this is for Blogger users
- Tunein – worlds largest collection of Radio stations
- Marriott International – this is a must app for travellers and users of Marriott hotels
- Engadget – reviews, news and research from the world of consumer electronics
- HP All-in-One Printer Remote – for all who use HP printers
- Todoist – a powerful todo list app
- Nextgen Reader – my favorite Feedly reader now for Windows 10. The mobile part is coming soon. This is an absolut must to have.
- PicsArt – make your photos shine with this wonderful app
- OneLocker (3,99 €) – manage all your passwords with this app
- Lego Juniors: Create & Cruise – something for the little ones from age 4-7
- Disney Crossy Road – something for the little ones from age 3+
- iNi Reader – new universal Feedly reader. With Continuum support
- Enpass (9.99 €) – yet again a password manager. Wonder why these cost so much?
World of Fashion – the game for girls
Why am I bringing this up? Well I am a proud father and my son has been the leading coder in creating this game. You can read more about the game here (in Finnish) and see the YouTubist Sleeping Beauty talking more about it (in Finnish).
But most of all, Toni, I am proud of you and hope the app will be big success.
As said, waiting for the Windows 10 Universal app version of it to hit another big market (270+ million) and to be even more successfull.
HP Spectre – the premium notebook
It’s the world’s thinnest laptop and one of the beautifulest ones I’ve ever seen. Just look at the video, but of course it comes with a price. Anyway it looks awsome and the specs are just right. Btw. look at the new HP logo for premium devices – simple but powerful.
Report: Vulnerability Review 2016
The report done by Secunia Research at Flexera Software shows the most vulnerable applications and the list suprised me a bit. #1 was Google Chrome (wtf?) and there are 3 softwares from Adobe on the list. You can download the report from here.
The top 10 of most vulnerable software were:
- Google Chrome (516)
- Adobe Flash (457)
- Adobe Air (306)
- Mozilla Firefox (254)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (197)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (144)
- Adobe Reader (133)
- Apple iTunes (130)
- Oracle Java JRE (81)
- Microsoft Excel (52)
This is again a good one – made my day when I saw it.